SEAMS Announces 2018 Board of Directors
SEAMS, an association and voice for the U.S. Sewn Products Industry for more than 50 years, has announced the SEAMS membership election of four new officers to serve on its executive board. SEAMS also announced six manufacturer/contractor directors and three specialty directors.
“SEAMS 2018 Board of Directors reflects our dedication to promoting sound economic growth for our members and leading the resurgence of 'Made in America' on the world stage,” said Matt Poovey, newly elected president of SEAMS. “Our board includes leaders from some of America’s foremost brands, manufacturers and suppliers in the sewn products industry. These top executives will serve our membership well through progressive and timely educational programs, dissemination of information on government regulations/legislation impacting the industry, and adding increased value to control costs and achieve business improvements that were never available before in the U.S.”
Four executive directors were confirmed by a member vote to a two-year term on the board:
- President: Matt Poovey, Champion Thread Company
- Vice President: Jeoff Bodenhorst Jr., Lebanon Apparel Corp.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Patrick Hickey, Minnesota Knitting Mills
- Ex-Officio Officer: Jeremy Wootten, HomTex Inc.
One Education Director serving a three-year term by appointment:
- Geoff Senko, MMI Textiles
Two supplier directors serving a three-year term by appointment:
- Cameron Hamrick, Hamrick Mills
- Ron Roach, Contempora Fabrics
Six manufacturing/contractor directors serving a one-year term by appointment:
- Gloria Barbee, Grand Forest, Inc.
- Jackson Burnett, Vapor Apparel
- Tim Shirley, Mt. Vernon Mills
- Wayne Wilson, Prime Medical
- Chris Marsh, Hemingway Apparel Mfg.
- Dennis Jackson, Venus Group